At TeachTech we respect the privacy of our customers and visitors to our websites. This policy is concerned with how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
We take our duty to process your personal data very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal data.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated.
Refer to the sections below for more details on how and why we use your personal information:
- Who are we?
- What personal data we collect and how we use it
- Legitimate interests
- Sharing your information
- Retaining your information
- Your details on the web
- What are your rights?
- How to contact us
In this policy references to TeachTech, ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to Kicktek Ltd. Registered at: 1 The Galloway Centre, Express Way, Newbury, RG14 5TL United Kingdom.
TeachTech is a trading division of Kicktek Limited.
What we need
TeachTech is what’s known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We will usually collect basic personal data about you like your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and your bank details if you have a trading account with us.
Sometimes we will collect other information about you such as your interests. We will be very clear with you that we wished to collect such information, our reason for collecting such information, and we would only do so with your specific consent and permission.
Why we need it
We collect your personal data in connection with specific activities, such as product updates, newsletter requests, registration or membership requests, product purchases, feedback, competition entries, information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications.
The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don't have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Sometimes, with your consent, we will process your personal data to provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have requested or are expecting.
On other occasions, we may process personal data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract (for example, if you have purchased something from our web shop) or where we are required to do this by law or other regulations.
TeachTech also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. Those legitimate interests include providing you with information on our services, products, newsletter requests, feedback, competitions and other activities and those of other carefully selected organisations. Please see the section on 'Legitimate Interest' for more information.
How we obtain your details
We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide it to us directly.
- When you provide permission to other organisations to share it with us (including Facebook or Twitter).
- When we collect it as you use our websites or apps.
- When you have given it to a third party and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us.
- From publicly available sources (where possible) to keep your information up to date (e.g. the Post Office’s National Change of Address database).
We combine the information from these sources with the information you provide to us directly.
From time to time we may pay for the contact details of people who might be interested in hearing from us in future. Before we purchase contact information, we always check the wording used when your information was originally collected, to make sure that we only contact people who have actively expressed an interest in receiving information from third parties.
When providing permission for 3rd party organisations to share your data you should check their Privacy Policies carefully to understand fully how they will process your data.
Building profiles of customers
TeachTech may make use of profiling and screening methods to produce relevant communications and provide a better experience for our customers. Profiling can help us target our resources more effectively through gaining an insight into the background of our customers and helping us to build relationships that are appropriate to their interests.
To do this we may use additional external sources of data to increase and enhance the information we hold about you. This may include obtaining details of changes of address, telephone numbers and other contact details, information related to your interests and demographic data. It may also include information from public registers and other publicly available sources such as Companies House, newspapers and magazines.
If you do not wish your data to be used in any of the ways listed above or have questions about this then use the contact form on our 'Contact Us' page.
If you are under 18 please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before sending any personal information to any website or TeachTech.
Please note that we will not knowingly market to or accept orders for goods or services from persons aged under 18 years.
As a parent or guardian we encourage you to be aware of the activities in which your children are participating, both offline and online. If your children voluntarily disclose information, this may encourage unsolicited messages. We suggest that you discourage your child from providing any information without your consent.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance your information may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to change the way you hear from us or no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from then use the contact form on our 'Contact Us' page or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email marketing communications.
We have a number of lawful reasons that mean we can use (or 'process') your personal information. One lawful reason is something called 'legitimate interests'. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means we can process your personal information if:
We have a genuine and legitimate reason.
We are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Please read the 'Legitimate Interest' statement for more information.
We only disclose information to third parties or individuals when obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations and the following:
- If you have agreed that we may do so.
- When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing, mailing or delivering orders, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending mail and emails, customer analysis, assessment and profiling, when using auditors/advisors or processing credit/debit card payments.
- To our subsidiaries (i.e. the companies owned by KickTek Ltd).
- If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our sites, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of TeachTech, our websites or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
- If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, supporters, customers and sales to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information.
- If we run an event in partnership with other named organisations your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your data when you register.
And, we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it.
If you request that we have no further contact with you, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
A new data protection law, starting in May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be 'forgotten').
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under the data protection law see the Information Commissioners Office website.
Remember, you can withdraw your permission for us to processing your personal data at any time by using the form on our 'Contact Us' page.
Our data protection officer can be contacted by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
1 The Galloway Centre,
Or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to talk to us about anything in the policy or the information we hold about you please contact our customer services team:
- By telephone: +44 (0) 1635 597026
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: Customer services, 1 The Galloway Centre, Express Way, Hambridge Lane, Newbury, RG14 5TL
Please note that calls to our customer services team may be monitored or recorded.
This document was last updated: April 2018